Friday, June 05, 2009

Dishcloths

I finished up the discloths for the Oldest One's classroom helper. I used Bernat Handicrafter in hot pink and over the rainbow. Started June 2, finished the 4th. I used 4.5mm needles and this pattern. Ravelry details here.


I got the rest of my garden planted yesterday, finally. I had everything in except for the peas and beans. I also have some tomato plants to put out, but they can wait a bit yet. I need some soil for the tires I'm putting them in. (Got three no-good big truck tires to plant them in.) I have a teeny bunch of rhubarb, so I picked it.

Then cut it up and cooked it with a bit of water and some sugar...


...then mashed it all up into this. Yum!

Gotta work this weekend, so if anyone is around and wants to visit I'll be there tonight and tomorrow. Next weekend is WWKIP Day. We've got the annual Fishbowl Sale back. Discounts are 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40% (mostly 25s).

Memory Lane/Ball n Skein
1 Gorham Street, Liverpool
354-5486
Come celebrate the joy of knitting with us!
Start time 11am.
Store is open 9-4.
If it's fine we'll sit outside.
Please bring a camp chairor folding chair.
FISHBOWL SALE!
All day long! Draw a slip from the fishbowl to determine
your discount from the Ball n Skein department only,
then shop away! Discount will apply to all regular
priced yarns, pattern books, and accessories.

I'm actually off this year, so when the gals head on down to Mahone Bay I can go, too!

Happy knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Knitted dishclothes are the best. When I moved out on my own, my best friend asked me what I wanted as a house warming gift... I told her a knitted dishcloth and I got a whole stack it was awesome!

I'm not a big fan of rhubarb, but my family loves it. Mom was always trying to sneak it into my strawberry jam....

1:28 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Love the dishcloths , can't beat them for a useful gift. They're always appreciated and they last forever. I'm not a big fan of rhubarb either unless it's in a pie with strawberries .

4:20 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The dishcloths are great. I got a pattern book not too long ago with some different patterns and have been meaning to knit some up. Haven't had much of a knitting mojo (or mojo for much) lately. Even my reading has slowed down again. Must be tired from all the teaching I'm doing in my internship. Hopefully I'll get some crafterly sort of thing done this weekend!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home