Thursday, June 18, 2009

Two Bags

Finished up the second market bag for one of the boy's teachers. Twins! One bag has just a wee shorter strap than the other. Started the first bag June 5 and finished the 6th. The second bag was started June 14 and finished the 18th. I used one large skein of Handicrafter Cotton in potpourri ombre, and the second bag required one small skein to do the handle. I used 4mm and 3.5mm needles. Ravelry details of mods and other info here. Now all I need are some gift bags to put them in, and they're ready to go next week. I'm finished with time to spare - that doesn't happen very often.


I think I'll try my hand at a couple of bibs next. I have a friend who lives in Utah who just had his first baby, a little girl. Going to make a couple of bibs and probably one of these. Methinks Marti is going to show me how to crochet so I can make some of those sweet crocheted bibs.

I noticed the other day that my water cooler was leaking on the floor. I took it apart somewhat, cleaned it, checked it out, thought maybe this rubber ring thing was off kilter. I put it back together, and it was good for about two days, then it was leaking again.


I took it apart again and this time noticed a crack in the metal thing where the cold water is. I have taken the big jug off, and it isn't leaking now cuz the water is below this crack. I wonder if you can buy replacement parts. Seems to be I looked for replacement taps and could never find them.

Anyhoo, Most Haunted is coming on. Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Heddy said...

the bags turned out great :) Lucky teachers!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Bags look great.. I never thought of making knitted bibs for my friends baby... I guess that's more projects to do....

10:19 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

I'm sure the teachers will be thrilled with their great bags!

Good luck with the water thingy!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

The bags look really nice , lucky teachers !

I gotta say that you're a jack of all trades aren't you ! Could you maybe do a search on the net to see if replacement parts are available for the cooler . Hope so , it would be a shame to have to buy a new one when everything else works fine.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I like those bags. I did bags last year for the teachers. They loved them. I do like that pattern better though.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home