Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Interlude

I still have a big whole in my yard. It is supposed to be getting filled in on Monday. Dad figured he'd better leave it open for the weekend to make sure everything was running okay. I've done a lot of laundry, and there have been several baths and stuff, so far so good. He has to go away to work tomorrow or Monday, so when he gets back we are going to cement in the drain in the rec room. (That's a big, square drain. Man, when we hauled the top off that it was just like something from a horror movie -- I'd never subject my readers to looking at pictures of it. I would have liked to have gotten my camera, though, and video Hubs gagging as he tried to clean it out. He has a weak stomach, it was quite amusing. That is, til it was my turn.) Dad says to do the other drain as well, we'll see. If we do that, and I have another problem with the sewer then I may not know til the toilet overflows. (Personally I'd rather have some backup in the back room of the basement rather than all over my bathroom floor.)

Off of the gross subject of the past couple of days...

I forgot, but last Saturday it was the local fire department kids Christmas party. (For kids in current members and honorary members families.) The Littlest One was running around too much to get many pictures. They have tables set up for cookie decorating, ornament making, and coloring. They also have hot dogs, ice cream, chocolate and white milk, and pop. Here's the Oldest One making a cookie.

They like sprinkles. :)

The Littlest One did stop long enough to make a couple of icings and sprinkles with a touch of cookie.

The Oldest One making an ornament.

Look how red and sweaty the Littlest One got from all that running around!

The Oldest One asked for an XBox. I said I thought he wanted a Wii. He was like, "oops". He's not getting an XBox!

I let the boys have the cookie decorating kit that came with my Christmas hampers. Yummy gingerbread. Jewel, the big gut, was looking for hers, of course. I'm sure Maggie wasn't too far away.

These were done by the Littlest One.

These were the Oldest One's. I thought mine was the middle one with all the icing. I was mistaken. I got the snowman.

I do have a couple of FOs, but they are still a little wet from blocking. Pictures to follow next post.
Happy knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

Glad your sewer problem is getting resolved and thank you for no more gory pictures, I nearly lost my breakfast reading your previous post!! :))

10:23 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

Those pictures were all just stinky water. Be thankful I didn't post that rec room drain picture -- that was too gross for blog content, lol!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Those cookies look so yummy!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Looks like the boys a had good time .Yummy cookies !

Good luck with the sewer drain , may all your troubles be over!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home