Monday, January 04, 2010

Snow!

All New Year's Day and the next day it snowed. What a way to start the year! We got way more snow at one time than we usually get. This is the bank the snow plow left when it went by, up to the Littlest One's shoulders! Hubs used the 4-wheeler to plow once, then he wasn't feeling well, so I got the snowblower out yesterday (my baby!), and tackled the snow. I'm paying for it today with sore arms and an excruciatingly sore neck. I don't know if that's from the snowblowing or if I slept weird or something.

The kids and the dogs love it. Maggie wanted to be loose to play, but she runs away. Jewel was out on the chain, and Maggie really, really wanted to go out and play with her. I used to let her loose to play with Jewel, but then she started leaving the yard, and we live right in town, so I stopped. Anyhoo, I ended up caving at one point and let her loose with Jewel. The two dogs across the road up on the hill started barking, so off Maggie went, over the fence, and down the road. She came back pretty quickly, but I didn't do it again. I had visions of her leaping the fence into the path of an oncoming snow plow or something horrific. I'd love to have an area of our yard chain-link-fenced for them to run loose.

Jewel is outside in this picture, and if you look in the big window you'll see Miss Maggie looking out.

This was kinda weird the other night. Jewel was sitting in the corner, I don't know if she was actually watching the fish in the tank or what.
She turned around when I got close.

Then she just sat there with this weird look on her face. She sat like that for awhile. There's a furnace grate right there by her feet, and the furnace was running at the time, so I don't know if she was enthralled with the heat or what. I've never seen her do that before.

But then she was her old theiving self. One of the kids put this empty chip bag in the bathroom garbage instead of the kitchen garbage.
And Mr. Pumba... he's only lived here since August 2002, and he's finally discovered the furnace grates. He sleeps by this one a lot now and one of the grates in the kitchen. When I was in high school we had a Siamese cat who LOVED laying on the floor grates in the winter time. The hotter for him the better.


I do have a FO already, but there are no pictures yet. I finished Dad's socks. Pictures to follow next post!

Happy knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

We had a cat who used to sleep under the wood stove - she loved to be HOT! Every once in a while I'll find my guys standing over a grate - Tux likes the one in the bathroom.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Our dogs love to play in the snow as well. Poor Gunster found it pretty hard going with this last snowfall. Too deep for the little guy!!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Wow- that's a lot of snow!
Argh, that's too bad about Maggie leaving the yard, but I guess, that's what dogs do. I'm very grateful to have a 6' chain link fence in the backyard!
Pets do the weirdest things sometimes.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home