Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! Enjoy yourselves tonight in whatever you chose to do.

We are at home with the kids tonight. We'll have some drinks (the kids have Root Beer), the pizza is already ordered so I can pick it up when I get off at 4 (they are super crazy busy today, it pays to order early), got to run to the grocery store for a few things, then it's home. We'll play Wii and other games all evening long, and I may sneak in a bit of knitting as well. Dad's birthday was yesterday, so I told him he was getting socks, but they aren't done yet.

I guess there is a storm coming tomorrow. It's supposed to start snowing in the afternoon and be rain and/or snow right up til and including Monday. My Dad came down today and tarred the roof again. Hopefully that will keep it from leaking until I can get it reshingled in the spring. He and Hubs also cemented those offending basement drains shut. Good riddance, I say. Apparently Dad says in the spring he's tearing the yard all up again and changing some more of the pipes around cuz they aren't the way they should be. This will also include jack-hammering a small part of the basement floor, I guess, in the rec room to change some stuff in there. Sounds like buckets of fun.

Had a bit of an embarassing moment at the grocery store this morning. Before I came to work I had some errands to do. It involved spending a large amount of money on prescriptions at the drug store. (Our medical is set up so that we have to pay for prescriptions up front, but we get all of it back once I mail the receipts away.) Anyhoo, it kinda crossed my mind that new bank, only been with them for two months, I wonder what my debiting limit per day is..... I found out! I had $100 of groceries that I couldn't pay for. I told the woman what my problem must be -- so I had to run over to work, grab $100 from the till, and go back and pay for my stuff. When I got home I called, and sure enough, I was set up for only $1000 per day. Had that changed really fast. It's normally not so bad, but Hubs ran out of almost all of his prescriptions at once. And next week I need the Oldest One's ADHD meds, that's almost $500. Thank goodness I get it back!

Happy Knitting and Happy New Year everyone! Stay safe tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Frieda said...

It sounds like a wonderful family New Year , the best kind if you ask me .

Happy knitting and Happy New Year !

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home