Friday, September 24, 2010

Visitor

We had a visitor yesterday. A very good friend of mine who I went to high school with and community college was home for a visit. She moved to Australia probably 10-11 years ago, it must be, now. She`s travelled all over the world, lucky gal. She hasn`t been here since 2007, I think. Plans are in 2012 when I hit a milestone birthday (one which I am NOT looking forward to, it`s going to be one of those it`s-my-party-and-I`ll-cry-if-I-want-to birthdays) to go to her place for a visit. Anyhoo, she has this little guy, Sid, who goes everywhere with them. He`s very well-travelled, been to South America, The Great Wall of China, New York City, Paris, Europe... He got to meet Nala and Pumba yesterday.

And of course Jewel tried to eat him. (Bet no one else tried to eat him in all of his travels.)

So I found him a girlfriend-from-afar. Awhile back when I went to one of the local grocery stores they were giving these out for free. I named her Bernadette, and she hopes to be worldly-travelled in the not-so-distant future, too.

And Jewel tried to eat her, too.

So the Oldest One is infatuated with planes, he`d like to be a pilot someday. My friend`s husband is an engineer for Qantas. They brought some stuff for the boys, they were tickled pink. The pajamas are miles too big for them, but they`ve been wearing them anyways. And I don`t have a picture, but T at work went to New York City last week, and he brought me a t-shirt.

Soon finishing up another pair of vanilla socks for me. Should have those ready for the next post.
Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

How nice! Stuffed animals are here to eat, at least that's what our pups think too.
Traveling to Australia! That's quite a long ways, but something to look forward to.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Sid is one beautiful well travelled cat ! Ours have hissy fits whenever we have to get them in the car for vet visits . I just imagine how they'd do with plane rides .

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home