Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lotus Slippers

It's slipper time again, I guess. T called me from work the other day to bring down a pair of my old slippers to show a customer who was interested in them. (She had already purchased one of my felted bags and a pair of vanilla socks I'd knit, as well as a pair of vanilla socks that the Boss Lady knit.) So I grabbed the Littlest One's old pair since they didn't get a lot of wear. Yesterday she arrived at the store with a couple of her daughters and order five pairs as well as a pair of toddler socks. So I'll be busy for the next bit. I had quickly whipped these up so I'd have a finished pair ready to show them what a new pair looks like. These ones are the ever-so faithful pattern from Fiber Trends, knit with Patons Classic Wool in lotus with yellow for the cuff. These ones are a ladies medium, started October 6, finished the 8th. Ravelry details here.


The slipper on the left was not defuzzed, the slipper on the right is defuzzed. Sometimes Classic Wool doesn't fuzz up too much, other times it does. This time it fuzzed a lot, hard to tell in the picture just how much, though.

So I think tonight I'll start the toddler socks. I don't think I'll get very far, we went to the fire prevention week dance last night, then to the bar afterwards, then a stop to one of the pizza places for a donair, so bedtime didn't come til 3am, so I'm super tired. Plus it's Thanksgiving Weekend here in Canada, and Hubs has to leave for work in a little bit, so I had to cook our turkey today. He wasn't supposed to leave til the morning, but they called today with a load delivering at 8am tomorrow morning, so he's going to leave tonight. So while I was cooking turkey dinner I also had to cook up all the other stuff I had for him to take instead of having this evening to work on it. Then tomorrow the kids and I will head to my parents' place for more turkey dinner, lol.

Happy knitting!

PS Pumba is still loving the cat bed, Nala hasn't touched it that I've seen, lol.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

I was admiring those on RAvelry earlier this evening. I am in desperate need of some slippers - I think I might have to whip up a pair

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the cat bed! Tempts me to make one for my cats!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Good job on the slippers! That's a nice order for you! They look hard but really do up quickly and everyone is always so impressed with them!
We had our Thanksgiving dinner last night with 8 guests and still have leftovers for today!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home