Thursday, October 07, 2010

That 70's Cat Bed

I finished up the cat bed that I thought maybe Nala would use. So far she hasn't touched it except for the three or four times I put her in it (and she wouldn't stay in it). Pumba seems to like it, though, even if he is a little portly for it. At least someone likes it.



He's been laying in it a lot, so needless to say it's a little bit on the squished side now. If her Royal Highness decides that she wants it then I'll make another one for Pumba, and I'll add a chevron repeat to make it more roomy for him. The pattern is Chaton Minet Felted Cat Basket, and I used Patons Classic Wool in lotus, aran, yellow, and burnt orange. Used up 100% of the skein of aran, and I had probably 1/4 of skeins of yellow and burnt orange left. The lotus was in a mystery yarn bag, but I'd say I used an entire skein at least of that, if not a tad more. The colors remind me of crocheted afghans from the 70's, thus the name That 70's Cat Bed. I'm thinking when I was little there was an afghan or pillows or something somewhere along the way in these colors, not sure if at our house or the grandparents or where. (Ravelry details on this project are here - I did modify the bottom, details on the project page.)

Anyhoo, I've been avoiding cleaning the Littlest One's room so far this morning, but I think I can't put it off any longer. I did the Oldest One's room last week. I can't do it when they're home, all I hear is, "You can't get rid of that. We need that. Why are you throwing that out?" What they don't see going they don't miss. I promised myself I'd do it this morning, it was supposed to be rainy, but the rain has stopped, and the sun is out. I usually reserve room cleaning to rainy days. But I'll go now and get it over with. The process is a pain, but the end result is worth it.

Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

Your cat looks so cute stuffed in that cat bed! Happy as can be!

I used to love cleaning out the girls' rooms when they were out too. Perfect time to get rid of stuff!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

Love the cat bed. It's so awesomely retro. Almost makes me wish I had a cat to knit one for...almost.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

My grandparents had a couch that woudl match that perfectly!

Definitely cute - I'll have to make one of for Peno

Given a chouces, cats always choose beds/boxes etc that are much too small for them.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Brilliant! Love the pics of kitty squished in the bed.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Walden said...

Ah, but he might like it just because it is so small and comfy! It looks wonderful and I love the colors.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home