Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sparklies

So I have been knitting even though the posts have been sparse lately. It has been really windy, so it was hard to get outside to take pictures of the finally finished scarf knit with Soft Payette in the fire opal colorway. I like the pattern, but the yarn was a bit of a pain, the sequins could be a pain at times. I doubt I'll use the yarn again. Possibly, but not likely. This was started on September 7 and finished October 17. Ravelry details here.




So a couple of weeks ago Heddy was doing up a yarn order from an on-line store, so she put the call out if anyone else in our knitting group wanted anything. I ordered two items:
Cascade Yarns Heritage Solids in a nice warm yellow. This yarn is oh, so soft, and will definitely be socks for me. I'll peruse Nova Knitter's projects as she's a big solid/semi-solid sock yarn lover and does such wonderful patterns.
The second item was a skein of Noro Silk Garden Sock. Pretty colors, Noro can be a pain to knit with, but hey - it's Noro. I did make a pair of socks out of the Kureyon Sock, but everything I've read most people say the Silk Garden Sock is a lot better to work with. This will become socks for me, too. I'll probably take a peek around Ravelry and see what other people made out of it.
So I'm still plunking away on the felted slippers order. She actually called and added a sixth pair. I will have them all done this week except for the pair she just added - it's a man's pair in the same colors as the other man's pair only reversed. We don't have the yarn in stock, but I ordered it, so it probably will be here til next week. I also got a request for another pair from someone else, so I finished those today and felted them. I'll take pictures in the morning for the next post. They're drying in the rec room in front of a fan right now.

Happy knitting!

PS That 70's Cat Bed is still a hit. Pumba uses it a lot more than Nala, but pretty much 90% of the time someone is in it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Pretty scarf. Pretty yarn. Wow, you get a lot of orders; how do you find the time?

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home