Sunday, July 08, 2012

Just Wait a Minute...

...I'm sure the weather will change!  July 2nd was a nice, sunny day.  Then mid-afternoon I was outside doing yard work and heard the rumble of thunder in the distance.  In no time it was directly over head, hitting houses and trees all around us.  I don't mind thunder and lightning, but not when it's so freaking close.  I didn't get my camera out for the biggest booms and chains of lightning, but I caught the end of one fairly big boom and torrential rain.


Then after about ten minutes it was sunny and hot again.  But we could hear the thunder in the distance for probably an hour and a half after the sun came out.  You can hear sirens in the second video, the fire department got something like four calls for lightning strikes.


Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home