Friday, May 31, 2013

Hot, Hot, HOT!

Wow, someone really turned the heat up today!  +32C, I had to get out all of the window fans, turn on all of the ceiling fans, open windows... poor Pumba looks like someone shot him, the dogs aren't much better.  My house is just like an oven, it's terrible.  It gets cooler in the evening outside than it is inside  The best place is definitely the basement, we'll spend a lot of time in the rec room if this is a sign of what the summer will be like. On my list of wants is a heat pump system like my parents got installed at their place last fall, it heats in the winter, cools in the summer.   Must have one.
 
I finally finished up a pair of socks earlier in the month that lingered on the needles far too long.  They kept taking the back burner to other projects.  These are Hedera socks started February 15, finished May 23.  I used 2.5mm needles, the yarn is Cascade Heritage in color 5611.  I followed the pattern to the T, details here.

 



If the house cools down I may get to do a little more knitting tonight.  I've got another pair of socks on the go I'd like to get done so I can clear another project of the WIP list.  It's supposed to be just as hot tomorrow.  The Oldest One has his year end Air Cadet Ceremonial Review in the morning, poor kids have to be all decked out in full uniform for about four hours.  It's held at the junior high school in the gym, so it's going to be hot!  At least it's in the morning, starting at 10am, so it should be over at noon before it gets too hot.

Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Hedera is one of my favourite patterns.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

I love your Hederas. I've been eyeing that pattern. I think I'll start rustling around for some yarn to get started!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home