Saturday, January 28, 2006

Back on Track



I didn't get much done on the baby sweater today. Logan, Daddy, and I did a trip in the Big Truck. Darren had a birthday party to go to, so he stayed with Nanny and Grampy. I did take knitting, of course! A four-hour trip roughly and no knitting?! I took some leftover Bernat Baby Boucle in Water Slide and made a simple garter stitch scarf as my first item in this year's contribution to The Dulaan Project. I didn't get it quite finished so I completed it this evening. It will be good for a 4-6 year old.

I did get the mittens finished for the birthday gift for Darren's classmate today. I finished them up last night. They were knit with Patons Shetland Chunky in Thunder Ragg that I had leftover from Christmas socks. I used a pattern out of this book but modified it from a two-needle pattern to four-needle and grafted the top.

Lastly, here's some pics of the baby sweater after goofing it up. The first picture is where I had to rip it back to in order to correct my mistake of not decreasing for the armholes. The second one shows what I mean by how the pattern switched. (I'm not that good at correct terminology. People say I make up words all the time or use real words in ways there aren't supposed to be used. I had friends back in high school that always said they were going to make a Sheri Dictionary.)


Nite, all!

Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cece said...

That is a fun sweater! Thanks for stopping by my blog...

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home