Wednesday, January 25, 2006

More Snow

I guess it's starting. We are to get more snow tonight. Most of what we got the other day has melted. Tonight our area is only supposed to get 10-15cm on snow (4-6") and gusting wind. The rest of Nova Scotia can get up to double what we get (Cape Breton even more) and stronger winds. Looks like another snow day tomorrow! I hope so in a way. Darren is very fussy for only macaroni and cheese loaf sandwiches days that he doesn't get a hot lunch, and I didn't get any today.

I finished my socks last night and am wearing them as I type. This picture doesn't show the color very well. I used Bernat Sox yarn in Hippi Hot and this pattern. It's only acrylic, so I find them comfortable but getting little "fuzzies" quickly. There was a lady in the store one time shortly after we took the Ball 'n Skein over, and she said that was the only thing she didn't like about it. I already had the yarn. The colors are nice, and it's inexpensive, but I know it won't hold up like Opal, Lorna's Laces, Socka, etc. Oh, well.

I started the size 12 month tri-colored sweater for the store. I only have like four rows of 2x2 rib done so far. Think I will hold off on another pair of socks til next week so I can get my February socks done for the Sock-A-Month KAL. Also there's the Knitting Olympics to contend with next month. I also brought home a bunch of Briggs & Little Atlantic in some new colors that we got in to make buttonhole bags.

Should really go do my dishes. The water has probably gotten cold.

Happy knitting!







3 Comments:

Blogger Ragan said...

Love those socks! They are great! I have noticed that about acrylic yarns too...the fuzzies! I usually make slipper socks out of that yarn, they are comfortable! I can't wait to see all of your completed projects!

8:46 AM  
Blogger aija said...

Another sock a monther! :) The acrylic may last longer than all of us, in a good way!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

cool socks! i do like bernat although it's all acrylic. it's got some cool yarn out there! good luck on your sweater! :)

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home