Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Blah

Blah. That's how it has been lately. The weather has been blah. Crappy rain and showers for days now, and it has gotten colder. I had a cold last week, but that seems to be finally going away. I've got pressure knitting to do this week. I have this little cardigan that has to be finished for the shower on Saturday. Newphew was one yesterday, and he is having a little family party on Sunday. I dug out the sweater I started for him way back when.* It was supposed to be finished for Easter, and for some reason I set it aside with only a sleeve and a quarter left to knit. The first one I started was way big, so I set that aside with only the sleeves left to knit. Now the second one may be too small! I plan on finishing both and picking what one will get the most use. A little big will last longer than just right or maybe even too snug. I know, I'm slack.


Hubs retired from the fire department after being in for 17 years. His party was last Saturday night. He got a cheque for years of service and honorarium, a framed certificate, watch, and a special certificate from the Region. I got a dozen red roses. (Shoulda cropped myself out. I hate having my picture taken.) That's the chief presenting his stuff. We had a half-chicken dinner for the meal, then there was a dance afterwards. There was a lot of people at the meal, but as usual it was just a small bunch of the regulars who hang around who stayed for the dance. It was fun.

My fridge of only 6.5 years bit the big one the other week. I was not happy since we bought it brand new, and that isn't very old for a fridge. The condensor went, and all the freon leaked, out, so Dad said may as well get a new one cuz it would be expensive to fix. We had a bar-sized fridge in the basement as well as a small deep freeze. He took the old fridge out, brought the little fridge up, and we decided to wait til after Christmas to get a new fridge. We couldn't really afford one right now, poor timing, too, with having to Christmas shop, oil season, etc. After Christmas there are always good sales. Anyhoo.... without going into details the little fridge met an untimely demise last Friday night by no fault of my own nor either child or any pets in the house, so you can guess from there. Thus, last Saturday Hubs and his brother headed off to fetch a new fridge. The way our kitchen is and how the cupboards were built we can only get a small fridge to fit the hole. This one came from the same place as the last one, but it's a different brand and better last longer.



These two are getting very close! Maggie has grown a lot since we got her on the 8th. I notice quite a difference when I pick her up. She's learning to go to the door when she wants out, but there have been some accidents. She absolutely does not like me to raise my voice to her, and she slinks off and hides under the table when she gets into trouble. She wanted to sit on my lap last night, but it was all a ploy to get at my knitting. First thing little teeth had it...

Happy knitting!
*Look at all that snow! Yee-uck! I know it's coming, but why can't we have warm weather year round! No lower than zero and snow only for Christmas is my kinda winter. We haven't had any snow yet, but there are flurries in the forecast.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

I wonder where the snow stops? Cause it's not snowing here :) (duck and run!!)
Congrats to your hubby on making it 17 years. One of our ladies aux members resigned - 44 years!

Humm ...the word to type is "pringl" ... now I want pringles!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

It's snowing here, we should get about 10cm over night.
I adore the last picture of your two trouble puppies! :o)

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to your hubby!

I know all about fridges and appliances and thing going wrong at the most inopportune times. I have learned over the years that things will all work out. What matters most is our family and health....period. My upright freeze died once after I spent all summer stocking it. I used the special sealing bags and spent a fortune on them. I had it all ready for winter and for my hubby to be laid off. Then "poof" the freeze died and all the food was a loss. I cried and cried. All that work and money. Two weeks late my wonderful MIL got sick and went on Dialysis and I discovered what was really important in life.....family and health!!

Great dog pic!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

But doncha just love getting a new fridge?? Everything is new and clean and no spills stuck on like glue!

Cute pics of the dogs. Maggie is definitely growing!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Only 6.5 years for a fridge? That's totally ridiculous!!

Cute puppy pics!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

And oh yeah, winter can totally disappear, and I'd be quite happy. :-)

8:25 PM  
Blogger aija said...

The pups are so adorable! Peas in a pod :)

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home