Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Post Valentine's Day

I came home from work on Valentine's Day to find the living room all decorated for me. The boys did a good job, it was a total surprise. They also had picked up a heart shaped strawberry shortcake. That was really good, but before I thought to snap a picture I had cut it into squares.

The kids insisted in their travels with Dad that the dogs needed some new toys. I'd seen these at the store they went to but avoided them since they're a rope/stuffy combo. You know Jewel and stuffies. Anyways, the first clip is the excitement of a new squeaky to kill.


This second clip is taken not even five minutes after Jewel got hers.


Poor thing was faceless after a few short minutes.

See that little shiny thing in her mouth? That would be the squeaky, from her toy. Within ten minutes of Jewel receiving her toy it was now faceless and squeakless, the squeaky failing to squeak any more. (Needless to say she shredded up Maggie's, too. They still play with what's left of them.)

Wednesday is Marti's Knit Nite Baby Shower. She was ambushed with a surprise shower last Sunday night. She thought she was going to pot luck supper. She knew something was going on when they pulled up, and there were cars everywhere. Then she spied me through the dining room window and was like, "Oh, it's a shower!" She got some really nice things. I failed to take my camera, but Heddy took hers, so I'm sure there will be some blogging about it soon. I will take my camera tonight.


Sunday's night gift to little Pinta were two little size 12 month tops I picked up in town and this dress that I knit in one day, February 3, on size 8mm needles. The yarn was Schoeller Stahl Crazy, gifted to me from a blogger in Austria. I didn't know what to do with it, so it was just sitting in the stash, waiting. I originally wanted to make Joseph, had actually started it, but I didn't have enough. So I frogged it and found this pattern. I knit the second largest size, following the pattern exactly, but I omitted the pockets. Didn't have enough yarn left anyways. I estimate this as a size 12 months, so it will fit little Pinta come fall/winter. (More pictures here on Ravelry.)



Off to do some knitting! Everyone knows I'm always last minute, and the gift for the Knit Nite shower still isn't finished yet. :)

Happy knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Frieda said...

I don't know who was having more fun , your hubby or the pups chasing him to try to get the toy. Out of our bunch Zeus would be the toy destroyer , nothing lasts with him around .

The little dress is just so sweet , nice job !

2:49 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

That is our Timber...she loves beating the heck out of squeaky toys. We torment her and when she gets the squeaky out hide it behind our backs and squeak it LOL Too cute!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

The dress just looks so cozy and warm...can't wait until she can wear it :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

How sweet of your boys! Your pups are stuffed animal killers, but squeeky must die! :o)

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home