Monday, June 29, 2009

Branching Out

Finally got some outside pictures of the Branching Out scarf I knit. This will be put away for someone for Christmas. Started May 11 finished June 21. It's knit with Patons Lacette in precious pink on 5mm needles and measures approximately 5" wide, 60" long.


Got one of my Monkey socks finished. I'm disappointed that the yarn isn't showing the pattern up well -- I didn't think it was quite so variagated but found out differently once I got going. I have some other yarn I may use for another pair that should show the pattern well. This yarn is Cherry Tree Hill in silver streak.

I also have some Briggs & Little Atlantic in grape, teal, red heather, and grey heather to make some basic roll brim hats for Warm Hands Innu Knits. This will make one solid hat of each color and two stripey hats. These will most likely be my camping projects if it ever stops raining so we can actually go and enjoy ourselves.
Took the kids to see the new Transformers movie Saturday night. The prices of the concessions! I haven't been to a show since the fifth Harry Potter movie. We paid $33.96 for the tickets, and the treats were $33.08! We got two Transformers specials which included a regular pop, a mediumish pack of M&Ms, and a plastic Transformers keepsake bucket of popcorn that came with a free refill, and one small pop for the Littlest One. (Of course I stood in line for refills after the movie for that price!) The next Harry Potter movie is out on July 15, and I will go see that with the Oldest One, then that'll do it probably til the next Transformers and HP movies come out.

Happy knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Marti said...

Pretty scarf :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

That scarf came out beautifully!

I hear you about theatre prices. I'm quite happy to wait a bit and then rent a DVD.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Scarf is beautiful and I really like the sock yarn. THe movies are crazy expensive now... We haven't been in a while but we always used to sneak our own snacks in

2:29 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Hope you enjoyed the movie at that price! We are going to The Proposal tonight!

BTW, the scarf looks lovely!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home