Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rain

All it does lately is rain. Forecast up to and including the weekend -- cloudy, rain, showers. Blah. My water hose broke, so at least I don't have to worry about watering the garden.

I finished up the Branching Out scarf. Come to think of it I need to block it and take some pictures, most likely inside by the sound of things. I also made two bibs for a friend who just had his first baby girl. Gotta make another one of these to go with them.


Started another pair of socks, too. Monkeys out of Cherry Tree Hill in silver streak. I've had this yarn in the stash for a long time, and I've wanted to make Monkeys since the pattern came out. I love Cookie A's patterns. I have to be careful, though, cuz my knitting thumb has a split in it, and it's really sore. (Left thumb - the one that pushes the needle.) These will be pair #4 for the 52PPiii and the first pair for SOS09.

Last day of school for the kids here. They go back on Saturday -- yes, Saturday -- for the morning to get their report cards. I have to work anyways. Haven't gotten to the camper in ages, every weekend it rains. And weekday, at least lately.

Happy knitting!

PS Waiting to hear back from the company to see if they have a replacement part for my water cooler.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

Seems so unfair to make the kids go to school on Saturday!! Our kids get their report cards Friday, but teachers have to work Sat morning.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

We had nothing but cool weather and rain for a few weeks, but snap, yesterday mother nature turned the switch and now it's sunny, hot and humid.
I like the sock yarn, I've been debating about casting on for the monkeys

12:56 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

I've never made Monkeys, so it will be great to see yours!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Love the bibs.

I love that monkey sock pattern. Never did it but will look forward to seeing yours.

Saturday.....that is crazy. My girls would have groaned very loudly if they had to go back on a Saturday morning.

Hope they enjoy their summer!!!!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home