Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Frogging We Will Go

Upon sewing up the six squares I've made since the weekend for Ma's afghan today, I noticed in what was already done a boo boo. Can you see it? I suppose since I haven't got a picture of what it should look like no one would (except maybe Marti since she knit one thus the reason for me knitting one). There should be a purl ridge row on each side of the bobbles. It's only on one side. This was seamed on three sides.

So every time I looked at it, all I could see was the offending square, couldn't stand it. Everyone that knows me knows that I am anal. This thing could probably be seamed better, I hate sewing up, and this has a lot of sewing, but I want my squares all the same, the way they are meant to be. I couldn't live with the fact that this square was missing one purl ridge row. All day long as I was doing errands, grocery shopping, watching the Littlest One's soccer, I thought about that darned afghan square. (I know, I'm pathetic.) So.....


After supper, a frogging we will go! I ripped the seams (which was surprisingly easy for a change, sometimes I don't know what I do when I do a seam, but undoing it is torture). The offending square has been frogged back to the boo boo (why couldn't it have been the ridge on the other side of the bobbles? me no like bobbles), reknit, and reseamed. It is now back where it belongs, and I pray I find no more boo boos. (At least it wasn't a finished afghan when I noticed it! Oh, the horrors, the horrors!)

Upon returning home from the Littlest One's soccer game this evening, Jewel met me at the door with this in her mouth.

Empty peanut bubber container one of them lifted from the sink where it was awaiting rinsing out for the recycling bin. Most likely Maggie -- she's terrible for getting into the sink or reaching up on the cupboards to take what she isn't supposed to take. Hard to see, but the only peanut bubber (yes, that's what I call it around the girls) is at the bottom where lapping canine tongues can't reach. The rest is licked clean.

Happy knitting!

PS 20 of 48 squares are completed! I've done six since my July 11 vow to do at least one square per day, so that's pretty good. Fingers crossed I keep it up to get this thing finished!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

I totally would have left it...but I am so far from a perfectionist its not funny... mistake? that's not a mistake its a design feature!

12:02 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

I'm the same way...totally would've left it as is and figure that no one will ever notice. Anyhow, you're almost half way there :) Wheeee :)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

I totally agree with you! Every time you look at it you would see the error.
I did a cross stitch monopoly board one time and had it framed and months later someone looked at it and noticed I had left out the name of the square, Vermont, I think it was. Anyway, Shan has it now and I shudder every time I see it.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Frieda said...

I think it depends on who it's for , if it's for me I aim for perfection but it doesn't bother me if there 's some mistakes or "design features" in my knitting . If I'm giving it as a gift I'd probably frog and reknit .

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home