Monday, July 13, 2009

Inca Dinca Doo

I whipped up a little chunky baby cardigan. It's Inca Dincadoo, started July 9, finished the 11th. I followed the pattern exactly except I didn't crochet the edges cuz I don't crochet -- yet. (Right, Marti?) The yarn is Bernat Baby Coordinates Chunky in colorful cozies. Not my most favorite yarn cuz it has one of those shiny strands through it, and I find those snaggy. It's a cute sweater, though, size 0-3 months. I like the offset wrap in the front. It's knit in one piece, but you have to seam the sleeves and sides. Ravelry details here.


We took Maggie to the beach for the first time the other night. She got really perplexed cuz the kids were too far ahead of her. Both of them got perplexed, actually. Here they are dragging me down the beach.


The tide had just gone out, and the beach we went to always gets a nice "puddle" of water that gets nice and warm. It wasn't deep enough for the dogs to swim in, but we walked through it anyways. Maggie was hilarious! She kept leaping in the air, like she was trying to jump out of the water and stay out. (There's a video clip at the end of the post. It was hard to take cuz they pulled so badly.) Neither dog likes waves. I found out last year that Jewel was not a fan of the waves at all, she likes still water.

We went to the far end of the beach where fresh water runs into the ocean. Here it is warmer at low tide, so the kids went in for a swim. I had Jewel swimming here last year (she's not a big fan of swimming, she likes to feel earth under her feet). I didn't have shorts on, so I couldn't take them out far enough to swim, and the kids can't control these pulling freaks.

Of course, these two had to bark at and harass any other dog they saw walking on the beach. Other dogs going, no leashes, staying with their owners.... my two would be off like a shot.
This isn't a very good clip, but it was the best I could do.

Check out this contest tonight over at Wandering Cat Studio. It ends tonight!

Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Cute sweater, I don't crochet either so I make my mom do the crochet bits

9:51 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

The baby sweater is so cute . Nice job ! The pups look like they're having a blast .

It's so cool today I'm actually wearing socks . What I wouldn't give for a stretch of nice warm sunny weather .

Lol , word verification is woolled ! Ya think maybe it's telling me something ...

9:56 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Cute little sweater!

You are so brave to take your dogs to the beach. I don't think I would take ours by myself. And yes, they would bark at any other dogs there!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute sweater, I might have to put that on my to do list too!

I wonder who was happier, the boys or the dogs!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

That's right :) We'll get you hooked on crochet (pun intended) when I get back from our trip.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home