Thursday, July 30, 2009

One

Not much knitting content to show. I've been working on some socks for BF. I finished the first one yesterday at the beach. I'm using Austerman Step, 2.5mm needles, and doing a 3x1 rib. Been working on the afghan, too, and have 28/48 squares completed and sewn together.


The water at this beach wasn't quite as warm as it was last Sunday, but it was good enough that I actually went out a ways into the waves. For a short period each summer the water gets funny colored, almost red looking from a distance, really yellow up close. This almost looks like apple juice... or something else. Anyhoo, when it does this I can actually go out into the waves and not go numb, it's quite warm.

We went to another beach just a relatively short drive away, and the water there was crystal clear and green looking from a distance and so cold that I couldn't even put a big toe in without it going numb.

There's a freshwater stream that flows into the ocean on the other side of the dunes on the right of the top picture. That's not bad, and when the tide is high it's deep enough to swim in. This beach is usually good for sand dollars, but we didn't find many of any size. Most of them were teeny tiny, like the size of a dime, some bigger, some smaller. The tide was almost at its lowest, so there were lots of these guys roaming around.
Look, a herd!
I'll leave you with some pictures of some of my lilies. I love stuff that doesn't require a lot of care. The close up of the orange one is my current desktop background.

Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Nice sock! Cute snails. Lovely Lilies

11:44 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Great pics! Love your lilies!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Super photos ! Nice to see that you've had some nice weather .We've had a couple of sunny and hot days here , with a bit of rain at night.

I just love the sock , great colours !

10:20 AM  
Blogger amylin said...

Nice pictures and it looks like some nice beaches even though the water was a bit chill.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Love the colours of your lilies! Gorgeous.
I love all the beach pictures.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home