Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Getting Down to the Wire

Hard to believe it's nearly that time.  My poor ol' carpal tunnel has not been having a good time lately, mucho knitting going on in the evenings.  Here's a quick rundown of things I've finished and photographed so far with links for more details to the Ravelry pages.  Every year I never think I have much Christmas knitting to do, and I always end up with more than I think, lol.

First up is a cowl, pattern is 5th Avenue Infinity Scarf.  The yarn is some sort of 70% acrylic, 30% wool blend that I got at Zellers years ago, 4 - 100g skeins for $4.  Pretty cheap yarn, and it softens quite nicely when washed.  Details here.


I whipped up a Rikke Hat for myself out of some James C Brett Marble DK that was in my stash for 5-6 years now.  Details here.


Another Christmas gift, this is just a plain rolled brim chunky hat knit with Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds in earthy brown.  Very simple pattern, I've used it many times for charity knitting, it's very quick, and it can be rolled double over the ears for added warmth.  Detail here tell how I make the adult version and the kids version.  (This one is adult.)


Another Christmas gift and another yarn that has been in my stash for even longer than the Marble DK, this is a Reversible Cabled Scarf  knit with Emu Superwash DK in navy.  I've got burgundy in the stash as well, and I think I'll make another one after New Years for the gift box.  I'm starting WAY early this year on my knitting for Christmas 2016, lol.  I already have several gifts planned.  Details on this scarf here.


Christmas socks as well, mens size 10 in Estelle Sockittome Heathers in dark green, the pattern is Vanilla Latte.  Details on all of these socks found here.


Ladies size 8, Dragonfly Socks, Lion Brand Sock Ease Solids in lollipop.


And the same pattern only a big pair, ladies size 8 as well, different recipient.


64st 3x1 ribbed socks in Patons Kroy coal for the cuff, heels, and toes, and spring leaf stripes for the rest, mens size 13.


Mens 3x1 work socks, size 12, Briggs & Little Tuffy in aran for the cuff, heels, and toes, some red mix for a stripe, and smoke for the main part of the sock.  


The last thing today is also a Christmas gift, felted slippers using this pattern and Patons Classic Wool in kimono.  Details here.


Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

Very impressive!! Everything looks great and I'm sure will be much appreciated by the recipients!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

holy Moly - you've been one busy little stash buster! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home