Monday, February 06, 2006

Nearly There

I'm nearly there with the baby sweater. I finished the second sleeve tonight while watching the movie, "Are We There Yet?" with Ice Cube and Nia Long. Not bad. Tomorrow I will sew this up and do the neck, so hopefully I'll have a finished pic to show. I don't know if I will start anything else or not. Friday the Olympics start, so I will be able to start Pomatomus. I don't want to get too involved in anything else and neglect my Olympic challenge! I may just work on some mittens, and I did start a pair of socks for Darren. I also started a secret project that I hope to have finished within the next couple of days to share.




It's sorta fuzzy, but this is Darren's sock in progress. It's Bernat Sox in Army Hot. It's the same pattern as the socks I made for myself out of Bernat Sox in Hippi Hot only kid-sized, of course! It's going pretty fast, so I should be able to finish them up before the Olympics.

We went bowling Saturday night. Darren went to Nanny's for the night, and Logan had a sitter. We went with the sitter's mother and her boyfriend. He hadn't bowled in years, but it didn't take him long to get back into the swing of it! Second string he bowled 144! Here we have candlepin bowling, and Saturday nights it's glow bowling. I got a 97 the first string, and it was downhill from there. I think I was in the 70s the next two strings. I did get one strike. Our alley was built in the 60s, I think, and it's all the old equipment from back then. Breaks down a lot of the time. There is talk that it's closing, but then I heard the other day that they are going to close for the summer and do some remodelling. The boys usually have a bowling birthday party. Don't know what I will do next year if it closes for good. Tim, the guy I work with, is the best bowler in town. We have bowled in Scotch Doubles tournaments twice. The first time we won first place, and that was the first time either one of us had played in a SD tournament. The second one we didn't do so well. We finished third or fourth or something. Bowling is a cheap way to kill an hour or two!

Darren did not have a good day in school today. His teacher actually called me around 2pm. She said that it was the worst day yet, and another day like that and I would probably have to take him home. He had been doing really well, but he had three time-outs in the morning and one a lunch (which she said was highly unusual). When he came home I asked what the trouble was. He didn't know, naturally, then said after awhile that he gets bored in school. He wasn't allowed on the computer today. I changed the password to log on to make sure he couldn't use it. We were also supposed to make play-doh today, but I wouldn't let him. I told him if he redeems himself tomorrow we'll make it when he comes home. I do hope tomorrow is a better day. He has skating at 5:30 because it was cancelled yesterday due to a competition.


Well, I really should go put some laundry away. Had to take a pic of my little cutie this morning wearing his robe! This was Darren's that I picked up at a second-hand store when he was a baby, now handed down (along with a lot of other things) to Logan.

Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

That was the competition I was whining about putting on the computer that bumped your boys skating. It was fun and the little ones are always so pleased when they get a medal. And somehow they all end up 1,2 and tied the 3. The miracles of computers!!
I am tempted to enter the Knitting Olympics thing. I bought yarn today in Mahone Bay to knit a sweater for Shannon. It would be a challenge to finish in 16 days though. I will have to make up my mind soon.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home