Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Heaps and Piles of Snow

We got dumped on majorly last night! Everything is basically paralyzed today. Our store is closed, Travis has no work, no school... We went through town after we got our snow blowing and shovelling done. The only stores that I saw open were Home Hardware, Frenchy's, and the dollar store that is beside Frenchy's. My neighbor said we got 23" of snow, and the winds were so high that it blustered so much. I walked the boys up to my mother's so Travis and I could clear the big truck out together, (I won't let them out when the snow blower is being used - too dangerous.) and on the corner where the plow went by it was up to my shoulder! I was up at 7:30, and there was a poor little sparrow trying to get some birdseed out of the feeder. I made sure I cleaned it off when I shovelled the front walkway. (I have birds that live in both of those bushes you see in front of the house. You can't really see it in this pic, but the feeder is by the bush by the bay window.) The third pic down you can see Travis working on the snowblower out by the front of the Dodge. Something had come unhooked, and only half of the auger was working. This was the first time we used the snow blower this winter. The ground still isn't frozen, so I will have to rake the lawn really well in the spring to get all the rocks off of it!



Today I plan on working more on the baby sweater. I finished the back last night and started the front. I hope to at least get the front done today. Here's a picture of Logan wearing his new mittens and hat. Of course Darren had to get in on the picture, too!

Lastly, Tim had his camera at work on Monday. I hate having my picture taken. I wasn't really co-operating. I wouldn't look at him, but he took it anyways. I do believe that this is the first picture of me posted on my blog (well, besides feet or a hand) and probably maybe the only one (or at least for a long, long time).


Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I'm so jealous of all of that snow! I grew up in Minnesota and I miss winter. I'm glad to see that it's winter somewhere this year.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

HI,
Found your blog through Donna's blog.
Just wanted to say "Hi" from another Nova Scotian. And tell you that I'm enjoying your blog.
Handsome little guys!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Beth Roy said...

You're lucky to be having a proper winter! I live across the street from a ski resort in western NY. We usually have tons of snow but right now we have grass. I didn't think I would miss all the snow, but I do. It looks beautiful - enjoy!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home